- March 2001 PhD, Keio Univ., Japan
- April 2001 Research associate, Chiba Univ. (Sawa lab.)
- March 2002 Research associate, Photon Factory, KEK
- In charge of two beamlines, BL-4C and BL-16A2, which was transferred to BL-3A in 2006. They have four-circle diffractometers and are used to make structural materials science study. These beamlines are significant beamlines in the Photon Factory, which is a second generation synchrotron facility that produces about 600 publications a year.
- April 2005-March 2006 Visiting Scientist, Brookhaven National Lab, USA
- April 2007 Assistant professor, Photon Factory, KEK
- December 2008 Associate professor, Osaka Univ.
- April 2019 Professor, Tohoku Univ.
- March 2001 Fujiwara award of Keio Univ. (significant graduate student award)
- January 2008 Young Scientist Award of Japanese Society of Synchrotron Radiation Research
- March 2011 Young Scientist Award of the Physical Society of Japan
- April 2013 The Young Scientists' Prize, The Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- March 2017, The 22nd Outstanding Paper Award of the Physical Society of Japan